8.5.12

my W.I.P.s

Hey everyone! I wanted to take some time to snap some pics of my current works in progress. I must say that I am enjoying them to the fullest... switching back and forth between rounds and motifs--in the most gorgeous colors. Who says acrylic can't be pretty?

My first project is a japanese flower *something*. I honestly have no idea whether this is going to become something huge, or stay as a shawl/wrap as Lucy of Attic24 created. But I am so enjoying these flowers! They are so quick and so easy that it's rather silly.





I found these colors of Red Heart Super Saver when I was in Walmart last and they screamed my name. Surprisingly, they are very soft. But I find that with Red Heart sometimes--some colors are more rough than sandpaper, and others feel like they shouldn't be labeled acrylic. All four of these colors are wonderfully soft and squishy.











WIP #2

 Pretty..... yes--my next WIP is the Wool-Eater blanket. Not sure I'm adoring these colors though. It kind of started as a test swatch but then just grew. I think with a few more round I may like this one better. What do you think?




I must admit I never like the Triple Crochet stitch. It just 'took too long' and 'was too boring'. But that doesn't even apply with this pattern. It seems to be very quick and simple and grows very quickly. Has great texture and weight and it's pretty mindless once you get the hang of it...





Okay, so that's all I have for now! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!
♥Grace Ann♥

5 comments:

  1. Lovely crocheting! Love both designs! Lucy has some great inspiration over there at Attic24, doesn't she?

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please share the pattern for Wool-Eater blanket, please? Love the texture! You're so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. U want to try the wool eater and I think I'll try real teal, marlot, warm brown, boysenberry, & coffee. All Red Heart w/Love....I think. Wish me luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! You know what to do!