28.2.11

{Big Granny Baby Blanket}

Hello everyone!



The past day, I've been working on this baby blanket for a newborn baby at our church. It's super simple and oh-so-fun! It's just one big granny square. I had planned to change colors every two rows, but I ran out of yarn very quickly and the rows became larger and I now know that the limit is one row per color! I'm using Vanna's Choice in boy colors. Green, gray, brown, black, blue, and I'm going to make a white border. It may be hard, however, to find a border that is 'boy-ish' enough for the colors and design I'm doing. Do you guys have any suggestions? It currently measures about 17 in. across and I plan to make it 25-30 in. That is, with the border.



Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. You just can't beat a classic granny! Nice job!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot...my favorite border for any afghan is reverse single crochet. It doesn't take anything away from the design of the blanket and it makes a nice sturdy edge around it. I have a video for it on my site if you aren't familiar with it.

    Looking forward to seeing how your afghan comes out!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job! I love the colors you chose! I started on one myself-granny squares are great for using up extra yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of yarn to use up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! You know what to do!